Terms and Agreement
The parties agree that they shall not disclose any terms and conditions contained in this agreement to any other party and shall keep the same confidential between them.
1. I authorize Travelers Pet Care LLC to perform Dog Walking/Pet Sitting services as outlined in Client Profile, Pet Profile(s), and Policies and Procedures which shall become part of this contract.
2. I authorize Travelers Pet Care LLC to obtain any emergency veterinary care that may be necessary during the time spent with my pet. I accept responsibility for any charges related to this emergency care. I also authorize Travelers Pet Care LLC to utilize an alternative veterinarian in the event that my primary veterinarian is unavailable. Every effort will be made to contact me prior to obtaining emergency care.
3. Travelers Pet Care LLC accepts no responsibility for the security of the premises or loss if other individuals have access to the home during the term of this agreement.
4. Dog Walking/Pet Sitting will be performed only by Travelers Pet Care LLC during all assignments unless prearranged with Client (i.e. in the event of Travelers Pet Care LLC, independent contractor, being on vacation, etc.).
5. I agree to reimburse Travelers Pet Care LLC for any additional fees for providing emergency care, as well as any expenses incurred for unexpected visits, transportation, housing, food, or supplies.
6. Travelers Pet Care LLC agrees to provide the services stated in this agreement in a reliable, trustworthy, and caring manner. In consideration of these services and as an express condition thereof, the Client expressly waives and relinquishes any and all claims against Travelers Pet Care LLC, its employees or assigns, except those arising from proven deliberate negligence of the dog walk/pet sitter.
7. Travelers Pet Care LLC will not be liable for the injury, disappearance, death or fines of any pet(s) with unsupervised access to the outdoors.
8. The client will be responsible for all medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to the pet sitter or other persons by the pet(s). The client agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Travelers Pet Care LLC in the event of a claim by a person injured by the pet(s).
9. It is expressly understood that Travelers Pet Care LLC shall not be held responsible for any damage to Client’s property, or that of others, caused by Client’s pet(s) during the period in which they are in its care.
10. Fees are earned after Dog Walking/Pet Sitting services have been rendered. Invoices will be issued before services are rendered. Accepted methods of payment are Credit Cards (including American Express, Discover, MasterCard & Visa), ATM/Debit Cards, or checks payable to Travelers Pet Care LLC. There is a $10 weekend/holiday fee for all federal holidays and weekends. If payment is not received after the last day of services, a late fee of $20 per week will be applied to your account.
11. No refunds will be given for canceled visits unless you notified Travelers Pet Care LLC at least 24 hours in advance before services are rendered. Which is given at the discretion of Travelers Pet Care LLC. A fee of $30 will apply to all returned checks. The client is responsible for all costs of collection.
12. I give permission to Travelers Pet Care LLC to photograph my pet and to use the photo(s) on their websites, social media, and Yelp.
13. I attest to the fact that all licenses and vaccinations required by the State of California, the City in which I reside and/or County are current according to the law. Any reference to pets in this contract shall refer to those specified on the Pet Profile sheet(s). I have read and agree to the aforementioned Policies and Procedures which are a part of this agreement. This agreement will remain valid for current and future service, with the exceptions of any agreed to changes in fees or frequency or the total number of visits.
Policies and Procedures
Pet comfort and safety, and security of your home, are the cornerstones of Travelers Pet Care LLC’s service. Travelers Pet Care LLC provides at-home pet care while owners are away, or for owners who need a helping hand. Whether you go on vacation, a business trip, need a midday visit to walk, feed, cuddle, or medicate your pet, Travelers Pet Care LLC can do it when you cannot. All of our services are provided in a reliable, trustworthy, and caring manner. Please note that Policies and Procedures are subject to reasonable changes and amendments which may be implemented from time to time.
Reservations: An in-home consultation is required prior to reservations for all new Clients. We must meet with you and your pets, and assess your needs before we make a commitment to providing for your pet's care. During this initial meeting, we will also review our forms and agreements.
Keys: Travelers Pet Care LLC will pick-up 2 copies of your house key. Travelers Pet Care LLC will retain your house key unless you request otherwise. In the event of an unexpected trip, you’ll be glad we have a key on file. Keys are kept in a secured lock system and are coded for customer’s confidentiality. If you choose not to have Travelers Pet Care LLC retain a key, picking up and returning your keys requires two extra trips that there will be a $15 charge per trip for time and mileage. Or the keys can be destroyed at no cost.
Reservation Confirmation: Your requests require a reply from Travelers Pet Care LLC to consider your reservation confirmed. This ensures that we will not miss your message and your pets will receive their required care.
Cancellation - Dog Walking/Pet Sitting: Cancel via your client portal, call, or email cancellations to (510) email@example.com. Cancellations may be made up to 24 hours in advance of your scheduled service for a full refund. If you are home during a scheduled visit and neglect or forget to cancel and your sitter arrives at your home, the full price of the service will be charged. Any visits canceled within 24 hours of service will be charged in full. If you cancel any part of your scheduled reservation, such as ending the reservation early, you are responsible for the entire initial reservation fee. No refunds or credits will be issued.
Payment - Dog Walking/Pet Sitting: Fees are earned after services have been rendered for Dog Walking/Pet Sitting services. Accepted methods of payment are Credit Cards (including American Express, Discover, MasterCard & Visa), ATM/Debit Cards, or checks payable to Travelers Pet Care LLC. If payment is not received after services have been rendered, a late fee of $20 per week will be applied to your account.
Returned Checks: The client agrees to pay a $30 fee for each check returned by the Client’s bank regardless of the reason.
Past Due Accounts: Any fees more than 30 days past due will be sent for collections. The client is responsible for all costs of collection.
Travelers Pet Care LLC reserves the right to deny service, or terminate service, because of safety concerns, financial issues, or inappropriate or uncomfortable circumstances.
Emergencies: Everyone has them! Feel free to call if an unexpected need arises; we will make every attempt to accommodate your needs for service on short notice depending on our availability. Travelers Pet Care LLC networks with other area sitters for this reason and if we can’t fulfill your emergency pet care needs we will try to help you contact a competent professional pet care provider who can. I will carry a copy of YOUR emergency contact form with my daily log (your name, contact’s name, phone number) in the event I have an unexpected accident or illness. Please be sure this information is current and that the designated contact has access to your home to ensure your pet’s care continues uninterrupted.
Inclement Weather: In the event of inclement weather, Travelers Pet Care has requested on your Client Profile the name and phone number of a person living nearby. If Travelers Pet Care LLC is physically unable to reach your home due to impassable roads or other weather-related issues, we will contact this person to request assistance. Your pet’s health and well-being are our utmost concern and we will contact you as soon as possible to keep you informed of these events. Please be sure you have a hurricane/disaster plan for your pets, whether they are under your care or ours at the threat of such events.
Unsecured Pets: Travelers Pet Care LLC will not be responsible for free-roaming or outdoor pets in the event of illness, injury, loss or death. It is strongly advised that all pets have some form of permanent ID and that they remain inside the home or confined to a yard or pen for their own safety and welfare in your absence. It is the pet owner’s sole responsibility to “pet-proof” any areas of the home and/or property to which the pet has access. This includes thoroughly inspecting fences, gates, latches, doors and other devices meant to contain the pet or restrict access to a specific area. The pet sitter does not assume responsibility and has no liability for any injuries the pet may sustain or property damage the pet may cause while in the
© 2016 by Travelers Pet Care LLC